Despite COVID-19, more homes pended than listed in Bellingham in the last week.
Clean like you’ve never cleaned your home before! Over 50% of home buyers rank a clean house more important than any other decor factor. Your home should look and smell shiny clean. A clean home indicates a well-maintained home. On your to-do list:
▪ Clean carpets and windows - hire a professional, if you are uncertain of how to do a good job
▪ Scrub (not just mop) floors
▪ Clean trim along the edge of the floors
▪ Clean or dust blinds, light fixtures (make sure there are no dead bugs inside!), baseboards, vents, & fans
▪ Clean the inside and outside of cabinets and drawers, including handles
▪ Dust, dust, dust, including the tops of tall cabinets
▪ Clean the inside and outside of all appliances, tidy up inside your refrigerator - they will definitely be opening that door
▪ Scrub bathroom fixtures thoroughly
▪ Wipe down faucets, sinks and mirrors
▪ Repair all plumbing leaks, including faucets and drain traps
▪ Wipe down the inside and outside of all doors and door handles
▪ Ask your family & friends, and your real estate agent what they think needs to be done to prepare your home for sale - they may point out things you would never have thought of or noticed
▪ Check out my Home Staging menu for more ideas
Copyright © 2020 Katie Mundell - All Rights Reserved.